Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Surprise Birthday Party

Last night I finished reading Alaska by James Michener which I wanted to do before getting too interested in the Kindle I bought last month.  Today I started reading Big Lake by Nick Russell who is a member of our Escapees RV Club.  As I recall, this is the first mystery fiction book he has written and I’ve already read 75% of the book and finding it to be very good.  It was only $.99 through Amazon’s Kindle book store making it a very good deal.  If you think you might be interested in reading it, do a search for it on the Amazon link on my page (upper right side of blog) and buy it.  If you like a good mystery, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

This evening, Ian and Jennifer prepared a dinner of flat iron steaks, shrimp, potatoes, salad, cucumbers and also surprised me with a birthday cake.  Summer made the birthday card shown in the photos and they all signed it.  What a nice surprise and thanks so much!

Front of card.

Bday-Card-1

Inside of card.

Bday-Card-2

I did also receive many birthday wishes from my Facebook friends and family…thanks!

Tomorrow is our last day in the Anchorage area as we will be driving to Wasilla on Tuesday for a couple of days there.

No comments: