Another week in Spring Branch…we made a couple of trips to San Antonio to see doctors for Ken’s knee which has been giving him more trouble again, and he got another cortisone injection on Tuesday.
I completed another Impossibles jigsaw puzzle. They’re always interesting to do…750 pieces, no edges, 5 extra pieces, and no picture that shows it how it looks when completed. That’s okay…just makes it more challenging.
We made a trip to New Braunfels on Thursday to pick up some groceries and visit the Verizon store. We’ve been thinking of breaking our ties with Hughes.net satellite internet and wanted to see what was available. They had a mifi jetpack available which was good for 5GB of service in a month for $50 and that sounded reasonable so we came back home with it. It is now Sunday night, and we have used up close to 2GB of that service, so that obviously won’t work for us, so it will go back to Verizon this coming week.
Last week Ken built a stand so he could get our Splendide washer dryer out to see if he could find out the problem with it. We knew by the codes, that it was either the timer or the circuit board. Once he got it out of the cupboard, he couldn’t see any damage to the circuit board, so we decided to take a chance that the less expensive timer was the problem. We ordered the part from Westland Sales in Oregon and the part came in on Friday. Ken’s project for Saturday was to rebuild the stand, pull the washer dryer out and replace the timer. Once that task was completed, it was pushed back into place and hooked up and two loads of wash went through the cycle without a problem! Alright!!
The timer is the round piece in the middle of this photo and it connects to the selector knob on the front of the machine.
The first load is churning right along.
My transplanted cactus had another nice blossom on it this afternoon.
We had a visitor this afternoon. This doe decided she needed a break from her newborn fawn and left it hiding between the property stake and pole behind her. You can just barely make out the fawn’s head to the left of the property stake.
After 2-3 hours, it decided it wanted to move to another hiding place and moved back into a better hiding place.
Here it is standing at the first hiding place right by the road.
And here it is moving to it’s new hiding spot a bit more to the left.
We did show our property again today and they seemed to like it, so we’ll see if anything comes of that. At this point, we try not to get our hopes up too high.
That’s it for this week.