Friday, December 23, 2011

Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster

It’s been a cold day in Spring Branch, TX with temperatures only in the low 40’s.  We did another last minute shopping trip to HEB in Bulverde to pick up a few breakfast items we were running out of plus a turkey as our neighbor Kenny is going to fry it for us on Sunday.  We’ll be going to CO and Dolores’ place for a ham dinner and potluck, but it will be nice to have the turkey in reserve for future meals.

Other than the trip to the store, most of our day was spent inside reading emails, surfing the internet and reading.  I’ve spent the last couple of days reading another good book on my Kindle called Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster.  Before I get too much further, I’d like to thank a few of you who have followed my Amazon  links to make a purchase of prior recommendations.  I might get as little as $.04 on a $.99 book, but it lets me know that my blog is being followed and somebody out there is following up and actually trying out one of the ebooks I’ve enjoyed reading.

Here’s a brief synopsis of Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster:

“When sixteen-year-old Hannah Sheraton is arrested for the murder of her stepgrandfather, the chief justice of the California Supreme court, her distraught mother turns to her old college roommate, Josie Baylor-Bates, for help. Josie, once a hot-shot criminal defense attorney, left the fast track behind for a small practice in Hermosa Beach, California. But Hannah Sheraton intrigues her and, when the girl is charged as an adult, Josie cannot turn her back. But the deeper she digs the more Josie realizes that politics, the law and family relationships create a combustible and dangerous situation. When the horrible truth is uncovered it can save Hannah Sheraton or destroy them both.”

This book was a little more difficult for me to get into at times, but it kept me interested, and I will definitely plan on purchasing another book by this author.  BTW, this one is a freebie and here’s the link:

Merry Christmas to all our friends and relatives!

No comments: